Bongofish
October 19, 2019, 09:11:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ADB to USB?  (Read 3604 times)
robcat2075

View Profile WWW
« on: December 26, 2006, 08:25:53 AM »

Wow, I'm itching to do this!

I know there are ADB to USB adaptors out there.  Would this actually work to make a Mac ADB Intuos run on a PC?  Would the drivers be a problem?  Maybe someone has done it?

Robert Holmén
------
The Robcat View
SchwarzerPrinz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 11:52:54 AM »

I can't tell you for sure because i don't have any experience with Apple computers, but i can't see why there should be a problem. The ADB connection has to transmit the same data to make the tablet work. And most USB drivers are designed to work with older hardware which is connected via a USB adapter.

Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 01:54:07 PM »

There's the question of providing power to the tablet as well. Does ADB provide voltage?

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Clint

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 05:27:18 PM »

Nope it doesn't work.. Even if you try to find a ADB to USB converter, you'll need 3rd party tablet drivers to supprt the ADB to USB which I didn't find..
Clint

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 09:40:32 PM »

Try the Belkin F5U103. I won't guarantee it will work but some people said it works for Pcs
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: